habitat 5k walk▪run▪mosey for homes
lower edgewater park | saturday, june 16, 2018
Every step matters in our pursuit of helping connect hardworking, Cleveland families to affordable homeownership opportunities. You can help us reach our goal.
everyone is welcome:
- Family-friendly (kids of all ages welcome)
- Pet-friendly (dogs welcome, see park rules for other pets)
- Non-timed race (walk, run or mosey at your own pace)
- 1-mile fun course
- 5k course for the ambitious (you know who you are)
- Don’t like to walk, run, or mosey? Come for fellowship, donuts, and coffee (we won’t tell anyone you didn’t walk)
schedule of events:
- 8:30 am Sign in
T-shirt decorating (hint: it’s a contest)
Donut eating (or bananas)
Activities for everyone
- 9:45 am Warm-up and Contest
Stretch your muscles
Enter your t-shirt to win (the one you make at home or decorate with us at the event)
- 10:00 am Walk Kick-off and Prayer
Walkers, runners, and moseyers are off!
Virtual Walkers come cheer people on!
Meet at the finish line for a post-Walk rally;
Light refreshments provided, feel free to bring a picnic lunch
register today, it’s free and fun:
1. walk as an individual OR join an existing team:
- Register online
Fundraise online where you can create your own fundraising page or use the printable forms located at the bottom of this page
Share your progress on social media, such as Facebook
Raise $20 and receive a t-shirt to decorate and enter for a prize
2. become a virtual walker:
- Participate in all the above activities (#1), without the walking/running/moseying.
- Join us in spirit or come to the walk to cheer on participants!
3. FUNdraising tips:
a. Ask Everyone: The #1 reason people give is because they are asked. Ask your friends, family, coworkers, and strangers to help you reach your goal. Have a mini fundraiser (bake sale/yard sale), set up a donation jar at work, school or your place of worship. Keep a Walk brochure on you.
b. Share Your Love for Cleveland Habitat: Share why you volunteer, or how you are connected with Habitat or why you believe every hardworking Cleveland family deserves a safe, decent, affordable place to call home.
c. Donate to Yourself First: Your contribution, big or small will inspire others to give.
Earn a badge by achieving these fundraising levels!